Twitter
RSS

UNDER ATTACK

If I had only kept silent
If I had only kept my big mouth shut
Why did I have to attract so much attention
You never bothered me when I was out there
But now, you just can't vex me enough

You've touched my body; it aches.
You've touched my money; it's thin.
You've touched my clarity; cloudy inside an out
You've touched my friends; what friends?!?!

Why have I invited such an attack?
It is not fair.

Still, when I tried to figure it out, all I got was a splitting headache . . .
Until I entered the sanctuary of God.
Then I saw the whole picture: (Psalms 73:16-17)

No, not the sanctuary with all the well dressed people ignoring my plight, but the one within me
The one that was built......by my praise....
There I learned that my Praise of my maker got your attention
it moved you to attack me

My anointing provoked this attack.

Calling the heavenly hosts, for it's not in my strength I boast.
For I know victory is mine, one praise at a time
With my praise, I will attack back.

My silence is the victory you ultimately desire
But my God has carried me through the fire,
and placed me in a wealthy place.
So to my enemy......about face!



Comments (4)

*with lots of tears*

Why is it that we have not met face to face? You, Samuel Cotton, have touched the heart of me and it's an amazing feeling. Your words are as though they were spoken directly from my heart. I will not give up and I will not stop fighting! A very good friend of mine once wrote this to me."Our spirits are connected...(A Free Spirit Butterfly) and Sam this was before she gave her life to Christ and that tells me that I'm doing something right because my life reflects the life that Christ intended for me to live. Even under attack, my life reflects Christ. Even under attack, my life attracts Christ like brethren. Even under attack, I stumble and sometimes fall and GET BACK UP! So, my dear brother..."Our spirits are connected" on so many levels and I love you very much!!! Thank You...Thank You...Thank You Sam for thinking of your sister and letting the Spirit of the Lord use you to comfort my heart...you are a treasure that God had stored up just me and so many others! Abundant Blessings to you and your family!

Your Sister from another mother,
Stacye

I had to come back today...I'm still crying! You have touch my soul with this one!

Very, Very touching Poem. Excellent.

Touching and heartfelt prose. Emotions overflowing....

No, not the sanctuary with all the well dressed people ignoring my plight, but the one within me

So true.