Twitter
RSS

CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC

Cautiously Optimistic, while long range realistic

(or is that pessimistic in disguise)

Enjoying the warmth your closeness brings

Trying to forget past breakups and stings

Grover Washington said Let it Flow

Freddy Jackson said Nice and Slow

Stevie said everything is alright,

But Luther said If Only for One Night

 

So with my feet firm on the ground

While trying to keep my hear out the clouds

Feeling my heart wanting to soar

Ignoring common sense and history’s roar

I know I hold too tightly to past pains

Which is worse than going back down memory lane

Who am I kidding it’s time to be bold

I’ll let go of the reigns and let fate (faith) take hold

Cautiously optimistic, but long range realistic

Life without love, is no life at all

But love sometimes hurts, don’t be afraid to fall

 

Comments (2)

That was so good! Loved it!

Thanks Miz.
I'm trying to learn how to flow like you and Don.

And when you ended with Forever, For Always, For Love by Lalah, I was too through.

Somewhere your future husband is praying for and dreaming about you.

What a blessed brother